1. Your access to and use of any material on www.golder.com's website ("Site") constitutes your acceptance of, and is conditional upon your acceptance of and compliance with, the following provisions. We retain the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, including the right to revoke any permissions, and it is your responsibility to check for such amendments.
3. We respect the privacy of everyone who visits this Site. By submitting your Personal Information to us, you will be treated as having given your permission for disclosures referred to in this policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use this Site or provide Golder with your Personal Information.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
4. Golder Associates either owns the intellectual property rights in the underlying HTML, Java scripts, text, audio clips, video clips and other content that is made available to you on our website ("Intellectual Property), or has obtained the permission of the owner of the Intellectual Property in such content to use the content on our website. The display of trade-marks or trade-names on this website does not convey or create any license or other rights in these marks or names. Any unauthorized use of them is strictly prohibited.
Information and Uses
5. Privacy concerns focus on Personal Information, that is, information that could identify a specific individual such as personal names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers. If during your visit you complete a form, or submit other information to us as required for a job application, conference attendance, etc., you may provide us with Personal Information.
6. We collect and use Personal Information in order to:
i. respond to queries or requests submitted by you
ii. process orders or applications submitted by you
iii. administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us
iv. to maintain an internal mailing list for future communications
Providing you with additional information and sharing your PERSONAL information
7. From time to time we would like to use your Personal Information for purposes other than as set out in the above section. We believe that these additional uses will be of benefit to you. However, we understand that you may not wish us to use your Personal Information in this way. We will not use your Personal Information for the purposes set out below if you have indicated that you do not wish us to use your Personal Information in this way when submitting the information.
Information you provide us with
9. When you register on our Site, we may ask you to provide us with Personal Information, and if appropriate, user names, passwords and other such credentials that are used to authenticate and validate access to certain information on the Site.
Information Placed on Your Computer & Cookies
10. We may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on your computer when you look at our Site. We are able to read these cookies for information purposes when you revisit our Site. The type of information we collect as a result of a cookie being accepted by you is specific to your PC and includes the IP address, the date and time the PC visited the Site, what parts of our Site were looked at and whether the web pages requested were delivered successfully. This information is anonymous; it represents a computer rather than a person.
11. We use the cookie information to improve our knowledge of the use of our Site and to enable us to be able to ascertain whether the Site is operating at an optimal level. This allows us to enhance our web offerings to you and to provide an enjoyable and an innovative online experience.
12. You can erase or block this information by changing the settings on your computer (please refer to your help screens or manuals). If you do erase or block this information you may not be able to utilise some features of the Site.
Communicating with you
13. We may use your Personal Information to communicate with you, for example, to provide information relating to applications for jobs, seminars, etc. We may use your Personal Information for marketing or research purposes, for example, to conduct market research and we may, in accordance with applicable law, contact you to inform you of new products, services or promotions we may offer.
14. We may be obligated by law to disclose your Personal Information to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we or third parties acting on our behalf operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your Personal Information in accordance with applicable law to defend Golder's legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
15. Mergers and Acquisitions If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise our businesses in certain countries, this may involve us disclosing Personal Information to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving Personal Information from sellers and their advisers.
Security of your Personal Information
16. We have implemented technology and policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use and will update these measures as new technology becomes available, as appropriate.
17. Use of your Personal Information submitted to other websites
a. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if:
i. you accessed the third party web site using links from our Site; or
ii. you linked to our Site from a third party Site.
b. We recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact the owner or operator of such web site if you have any concerns or questions.
Feedback, Discussions Forums, & Notice Boards
DATA TRANSFERS ACROSS INTERNATIONAL BORDERS
19. The nature of our business and our operations require us to transfer Personal Information to other group companies, properties, centers of operations, data centers, or service providers that may be located in countries outside of your own and/or outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). These countries may not have similar data protection laws to your own country or the EEA. If we transfer your information in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting data on this Site, you are providing explicit consent to these transfers.
20. We do not seek to obtain nor do we wish to receive Personal Information directly from minors; however, we cannot always determine the age of persons who access and use our SiteSites. If a minor (as defined by applicable law) provides us with his/her data without parental or guardian consent, we encourage the parent or guardian to contact us to have this information removed and to unsubscribe the minor from future Golder communications.
Keeping our records accurate
21. We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us when you created an id and password, you may log in and make the appropriate modification. If related to other information, please contact us as set out below.
22. Should you have questions regarding the processing of your Personal Information you can refer to our chief corporate data protection officer, who is also available with his team for enquiries, suggestions or complaints.
24. You agree not to use the Site, including any of the features and tools on the Site, (including Golder Extranet Workspace) to post or otherwise submit any Information, that either causes any harm to any person or that is illegal or otherwise unlawful, including without limitation any hateful, harassing, pornographic, morally offensive, racist, criminal, quasi-criminal, obscene, profane, defamatory, libelous, threatening, constitutes or may encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree that you shall not use the Site in any manner, including the submission, posting and uploading of Information, or to any extent, to do any of the following:
a. Commit any criminal or quasi-criminal offence, including without limitation, any pornography, hate, assault, or economic crime whatsoever;
b. Upload, post or otherwise submit any content that shall harm, injure, damage or detrimentally affect any person, whether by tort, negligence, defamation or injury to reputation;
c. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
d. Infringe, contravene, breach or otherwise interfere with or harm the rights of any other person, including without limitation, any contractual, personality, confidentiality, privacy, moral, statutory, common law or intellectual property rights;
e. Falsify the origin or source of software, information or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
f. Harm minors in any way;
g. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site or develop restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to from another accessible page);
h. Upload, post or otherwise submit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
i. Upload, post or otherwise submit any content that contains software viruses, network worms, Trojan horses, logic bombs, bugs, worms, destructive features or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, including the Site;
j. Interfere with or disrupt the content or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site; or
k. Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, but is not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons, and creating "Crush" sites.
25. We grant to you a limited license to display on your computer, print, download and use the underlying HTML, text, audio clips, video clips and other content that is made available to you on our website, for non-commercial, personal, or educational purposes only, provided that:
(a) you do not modify any such content; and
(b) you include with and display on each copy of such content the associated copyright notice and this limited license.
No other use is permitted. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not:
(a) make any commercial use of such content;
(b) include such content in or with any product that you create or distribute; or
(c) copy such content onto your or any other website.
Notwithstanding the above, nothing contained in this license shall be construed as conferring any right under any copyright or any other person who owns the copyright in content provided on our website.
26. We do not warrant the quality, accuracy, completeness or suitability of any information on our Site. Such information is provided "as is" without representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, express or implied. Your use of any information or materials on this Site is entirely at your own risk. In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available on this Site.
27. Any linking to this website, and any linking to the pages within the Site or framing of content on this site is prohibited without our prior written consent. Any reference on this Site to any product or service by trade name, trade-mark, hypertext link or otherwise is provided to you for your convenience only and does not constitute or imply our endorsement or recommendation. To the extent this Site contains links to other websites, we do not control the availability or content of such websites, and such links do not signify that we endorse the websites. Your use of any linked websites is at your own risk.
ONTARIO LAW APPLIES
28. The laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern use of this website and the interpretation, validity and effect of this agreement, notwithstanding any conflict of laws, provisions or your domicile, residence or physical location. You hereby consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario in any action or proceeding related to this website and agree not to commence any such action or proceeding except in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.